Jobs Somalia Job Opportunities:National Logistics Officer FT NOA (WFP In Galkacyo)
Employer:World Food Programme
Job Title: National Logistics Officer FT NOA
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Galkacyo – Somalia
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
This is a re-advertisement. Those who previously applied need not re-apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Galkayo Area Office and the overall guidance of the Head of Logistics WFP Somalia, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
· Supervise the Logistics Operation for the Galkayo Area Office from cargo receipt at port arriving through chartered vessels and liners, storage and handling into WFP warehouses to transportation and timely deliveries;
· Support logistics projects and/or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
· Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations;
· Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds;
· Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries;
· Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
· Ensure that WFP shipments, vessel arrivals or containerized shipments are well coordinated with all involving contractors and port authorities;
· Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
· Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance;
· Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis;
· Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs;
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information;
· Conduct Local Trade data collection and analysis, Markets & Traders Capacity Assessment, Whole Sale/Retailer performance monitoring, Supply Chain monitoring including prevailing market transport rates;
· Perform other related duties as required.
Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management. Proficiency in Windows (MS Word, MS Excel) and some transport tracking system experience.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet or other WFP software packages. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
· Step 1: Create your online CV.
· Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
· NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
· Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.