Division: Finance Location: Berbera, Somaliland Department: MIDDLE EAST REGIONAL OFFICE- DPW FZE MIDDLE EAST REGIONAL OFFICE – DEP
Closing Date: 31-Mar-2017
Chief Finance Officer: Based in Somaliland – Berbera – you will report to the CEO of the Business Unit. This role will be responsible for all financial related activities including Budgeting and Cost Control, Accounts, Audit, Taxation, Insurance, Banking and Treasury. Under the present Organization Finance will also be responsible of the procurement Department.
Ensure budget templates are prepared by Finance & Accounts team and handed over to Head of Departments
Compare the proposed budgets with previous year’s actual to spot trends and unusual happenings
Ensure accuracy of annual budget preparation for all the departments and consolidation of the budgets
Ensure adherence to the allocated budgets
Participate in all budgetary meetings
Analyse, evaluate, and ensure implementation of the purchasing policies and procedures
Evaluate purchasing transactions and procedures; implement modifications to increase cost-effectiveness of the purchasing program
Coordinate with Procurement Manager and approve requests for procurement of materials
Coordinate with Procurement Manager and approve requests for procurement of material
Oversee accounting functions
- Ensure timely processing of accounts payable
- Ensure management of accounts receivable, credit and collections
- Ensure reconciliation with banks
- Ensure timely processing of salaries and other payments
Preparation of financial statements
- Ensure timely preparation of books of accounts
- Ensure proper recording of entries in books of accounts
- Ensure proper maintenance of books of accounts
- Ensure proper coordination with statutory auditors
- Manage preparation of profit & loss statement and balance sheet
Accounting systems and procedures
- Define and ensure the implementation of internal control systems
- Define and ensure the implementation of accounting policies as per accounting standards and the relevant regulations
- Monitor accounting masters such as creation of new accounts, deletion of accounts
Monitor financial reporting
- Check all financial reports prepared
- Ensure timely completion of reporting
Collect information relating to capital expenditure payments and update on a regular basis for the purpose of Cash Flow projections
Assist in preparation of cost studies related to various projects and proposals
Manage liaison with various statutory bodies
- Banks, Financial Institutions, Government officials for various sanctions and permissions, Social Security , Tax
Manage auditing. Ensure effective coordination with internal and external auditors
Ensure corrective action
Establish and implement Performance Testing Standards and Best Practices for the department
Develop, implement and enforce department’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in coordination with the general management of DP World
Plan and monitor training programs for department personnel
Plan, monitor and analyse MIS reports
Establish and maintain performance criteria (KPIs)
Perform periodical scheduled performance review with reporting personnel
Provide regular process control checks, initiate and support performance improvement activities
Implementation and compliance with HSE policy
Any other work deemed fit for structuring of tasks and goals, to achieve high productivity with efficient utilisation of resources
- Experience in Finance department of any multinational organization or port
Mandatory: 10 to 12 years
Preferable: 12 to 15 years
Experience in managerial role
Mandatory: 5 years
- CA/ CFA/ Graduate/ Bachelor degree in accounts/ management accounting
Strong leadership and relationship building skills
Excellent communication skills
Decision making and analytical ability
DP WORLD IMPERSONATED IN A RECRUITING SCAM
Dubai, UAE :DP World, Ltd. (DP World) alerts job applicants and the public about a fraudulent scheme in which DP World has been impersonated.
The scammers fraudulently:
- Impersonate DP World;
- Impersonate DP World employees;
- Conduct “job interviews” via text message, telephone, e-mail, and/or instant message (including Google Hangout) communications for work-from-home positions; “Hire” employees to join DP World;
- Provide the “employees” with funds to buy home-office equipment and pay DP World “vendors” via fraudulent checks and money orders; and
- Instruct the “employees” via e-mail, text message, telephone, or instant message to deposit the checks into their personal bank accounts and wire or cash transfer some portion of the funds to “vendors,” which are actually the scammers.
DP World informs job applicants and the public that:
- DP World is not expanding its operations in the United States in the next 3-6 months (as the scammers allege);
- DP World’s operations in the United States are currently limited to Charlotte, North Carolina and are not expanding to any other locations for the foreseeable future;
- DP World does not solicit potential employees via text message or instant messaging;
- DP World does not interview employees by text message, e-mail, or instant messaging (including Google Hangouts);
- DP World does not issue payment to its employees, prospective or otherwise, via paper check or money order;
- DP World does not require employees to buy their own office equipment or personally pay vendors; and
The scammers have fraudulently used the name of DP World and its employees without authority and for malicious purposes.
One of the red flags that distinguishes a false communication from a legitimate DP World communication is the poor grammatical use of the English language, which is apparent in conversations with the scammers. Another red flag is the method of communication as DP World does not use commercially-available e-mail providers. No legitimate DP World communication would come from a common, publicly-available email service like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Further, false communications can also be identified by the tasks requested by the scammers. DP World does not request that its employees pay vendors personally, whether from their own funds or from funds provided by DP World. Likewise, DP World would never ask an employee to cash a check or money order and then make a deposit into a vendor’s account.
Contacted individuals should not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should any individual deposit any checks, money orders, or other payments from the scammers into their bank accounts. If such funds are for some reason deposited, no payments should be made from those funds for at least seven (7) days after the funds are deposited to ensure the individual’s bank has accepted the check, money order, or other payment.
DP World encourages potential employees to refer to its website and its “Careers” section if they are seeking employment with DP World.
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of any correspondence or documents that purport to be issued by DP World, you should direct your concerns to DP World at HO.Recruitment@dpworld.com.
Don’t forget to say thanks. If they’re dissatisfied, you can send an email asking them what made them unhappy with their service.
To be honest this company creates more opportunities for the youth generation who have academically qualified for me I would like to appreciate Dp World company
Waxan ahay qof wax badan qaban kara oo khibrado badan leh oo wax cusub abuuri karaa