Somaliland Condemns ‘senseless’ attack on Kenya hotel

0
(Thomas Mukoya/Reuters) Cars are seen on fire at the scene of explosions and gunshots in Nairobi, Kenya, Jan. 15, 2019.
(Thomas Mukoya/Reuters) Cars are seen on fire at the scene of explosions and gunshots in Nairobi, Kenya, Jan. 15, 2019.

Horndiplomat-Somaliland Liaison office in Nairobi has strongly condemned Tuesday’s attack on the Dusit Hotel complex.

The following statement was issued today by Somaliland Representative to Kenya Amb. Bashe Omar.

The Somaliland Liaison office in Nairobi condemns in the strongest possible terms, the cowardly terrorist attack on the Dusit hotel and complex.

We abhor the attack on unarmed civilians and destruction of property. Somaliland stands in solidarity with Kenya during this unfortunate incident.

We condole with the families of the victims.Said statement by Somaliland Representative to Kenya Amb.Bashe Awil

Kenya attack

Islamist terrorists detonated explosives and fired automatic weapons as they mounted a deadly attack on a hotel and business complex frequented by Westerners in Nairobi on Tuesday.

Six people have been confirmed killed in the attack, while a Kenyan police officer told reporters 15 bodies had been taken to the mortuary.

A mortuary worker added that identification papers indicated that 11 were Kenyan, one was American and one was British, while the other two did not have documents on them. Nationalities of the dead remain unconfirmed.

Hundreds more remained trapped inside buildings  16 hours after the attack began.

Local security forces freed scores of civilians as they fought their way into the grounds of 14 Riverside, a compound housing a hotel, restaurant, bars and office blocks in the city’s Westlands district.

But the reported six gunmen were still in control of parts of the five-star Dusit Hotel, part of a Thai-owned international chain that appeared to be the chief target of the attackers.Som

© Horn Diplomat 2019

HornDiplomat -Comments

Leave a Reply